Wow, it’s hard to believe that Spirit & Truth Publishing started our Living the Word (Narrative Lectionary) faith formation series almost seven years ago! If you ordered one of our Living the Word products back then, you played a huge role in that!
As the owner and publisher, I want to thank you for helping make this business and ministry successful and expand to the nine different Narrative Lectionary products we publish today!
As of 2018-2019, we have started our second cycle of the Narrative Lectionary. If you purchased one or more of the following products in 2016-2017 (Year 3), you are eligible for an upgrade discount for each Living the Word (Narrative Lectionary) product you would like to “upgrade” for the 2020-2021 program year.
- Kids (PK-2nd)
- Kids (3rd-6th)
- Singing God’s Story
- Youth (6th-12th)
- Small Groups
- Cross+Gen Worship
- Cross+Gen Education
- Sharing God’s Story @ Home (Bulletin Inserts)
- Contexts & Connections
Now, if you are still using the Narrative Lectionary or are considering starting again (for worship and/or education), you have two main options.
- First, you could reuse the curriculum materials you used back in 2016-2017. Your End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) allows you to continue reusing these materials for the life of the purchasing congregation.
- Second, you can upgrade to the Living the Word 2020-2021 products. See “Why Upgrade?” below for reasons why you might want to do that!
Simply put, if you already have the curriculum, why spend any money purchasing it again? Excellent question! Here are 4 reasons why you should consider upgrading:
- “New” Lessons: Our 2020-2021 products have three lessons which underwent a major overhaul. A new reading was added due to a second Sunday of Christmas, so our extended lesson for January 3, 2021 and standard lesson for January 10, 2021 were changed drastically to follow this. We also extended the lesson for Palm Sunday (March 28, 2021) to include the readings for Maundy Thursday and Good Friday, stories that were missing from the previous version.
- Higher Quality: We are always learning, so each lesson goes through a second set of content and copy editing. Although the bulk stays the same, not one lesson comes out without improvements, including a handful of brand-new activities.
- Graphic Design Improvements: A minor reason is that we have improved our graphic design in many products. They look nicer and match the more recent products nicely.
- New Dates: This is the most basic change. Each lesson is written for a specific date, so the dates for the 2016-2017 lessons have 2016-2017 dates on them. That’s clearly changed. Upgrading to the newest version will make it easier and cleaner for your teachers to know which lesson to use.
If you do wish to upgrade, please contact the publisher for more information and discount code(s).