These worship guides cover September 10, 2017 through May 20, 2018, all 37 weeks of the Narrative Lectionary readings.
Get all ages involved and interacting during your worship service! Check out our updated Living the Word: Exploring God’s Story Together (Cross+Generational Worship) guides, which provides background information and interactive worship activities that gets the entire congregation active in worship! Use this resource in one or all of your worship services!
Not interested in jumping in every Sunday? Try it out for one Sunday a month instead! The Full Year (Once-A-Month) package includes:
- 1st Sundays
- 2nd Sundays
- 3rd Sundays
- 4th Sundays
What is Cross+Generational ministry?
Cross+Generational ministry has at its core the concept that faith is passed on from generation to generation (back and forth) through meaningful relationships, and through finding our place in God’s story by exploring that story as a community. Effective cross+generational experiences are:
all of which promote an encounter with God. All of the activities included in this worship guide are intended to engage these principles, through intentional cross+generational interaction and active, creative activities that bring the Bible story to life in our lives.
We pass on the faith through worship, and weaving teaching and learning moments into worship experiences reinforces the understanding that we are an active part of an ongoing story of God’s work in the world.
Each downloadable guide includes:
- Background for Leaders – A big idea for the day (The Point), unit theme, background information, and a “Worship @ a Glance” menu of possible worship elements all make it easy for worship leaders to prepare for their own unique interactive worship service.
- Worship Elements – Each worship guide contains a multitude of worship elements corresponding to the day’s Scripture reading!
- Gathering – Interactive welcome and prayers.
- Word – Creatively lead worshipers in “Learning the Story,” “Making Connections” in the Bible, and more!
- Meal – Interactive Offering, Eucharistic Prayer, and Communion ideas.
- Sending – At Home challenges, Closing Prayer, and a Blessing.
All worship materials are available as digital download (PDF file) for printing or using electronically.
How to order:
Order the updated 2017-2018 Living the Word: Exploring God’s Story Together (Cross+Generational Worship) guides now! Check out the Living the Word: Narrative Lectionary Readings for the complete list of 2017-2018 worship guides!
Order now! To order, you may pay now by credit card or select “Pay by Check” to mail your payment at your convenience! Fall, Winter, and Spring guides are available for download now! You may access your downloads through the “Customer Login” link at the bottom of each web page.