These lessons cover September 10, 2017 (Rally Day) through May 20, 2018 (Pentecost), all 37 weeks of the Narrative Lectionary readings.
Pre-order now the 2017-2018 Living the Word: Teaching Kids God’s Story (Year 4) curriculum! A full year of lessons correlated to the Narrative Lectionary for PreK to 2nd grades. Check out the Living the Word Scope and Sequence for the complete list of 2017-2018 lessons!
Each downloadable lesson includes:
- Teacher Pages -A big idea for the day (The Point), unit theme, background information, and a diverse menu of possible activities all make it easy for teachers to prepare for their own unique class.
- Bible Nuts & Bolts – Each week, a different theme or structure of the Bible is introduced to give students an understanding of the Bible as a whole.
- Learning the Story – Students engage in the week’s Bible text in a variety of ways, from Bible study to puppet shows!
- Living the Story – Students connect the Bible story to a spiritual practice (prayer, worship, fellowship, or service) each week through a hands-on activity, helping students live out their biblical faith.
- Additional Activities – Each lesson includes a wealth of additional games, crafts, service projects, and other activities to reinforce the day’s themes.
- The Story @ Home – Send this reproducible take-home sheet with the students to share with parents what students learned in class, as well as giving suggestions for daily Family Devotions for the upcoming week.
All lesson materials are available as digital download (PDF file) for printing or using electronically.
Order now! To order, you may pay now by credit card or select “Pay by Check” to mail your payment at your convenience! Fall, Winter, and Spring guides are available for download now! You may access your downloads through the “Customer Login” link at the bottom of each web page.
Frequently Asked Questions: