Are the kids in your congregation able to actively engage in your worship service? Do they know the meaning of important church festivals? Show them the way with Spirit and Truth: Teaching Kids the Heart of Worship! This innovative curriculum guides students through the meaning and importance of worship, the liturgy, and the church year with engaging stories, funny skits, and challenging activities.
- PreK-2nd grade students learn along with the inquisitive animals of Mrs. Heron’s Sunday school class the basic vocabulary and themes of our worship and church year in our illustrated stories and picture books.
- 3rd-6th grade students catch the excitement of worshipping our loving God in body, mind, and spirit with cast of rambunctious, questioning youth in our “readers’ theater” skits.
Ordering is flexible! You can choose as much or as little as you would like, from a full year curriculum for your entire Sunday school to individual lessons for just one age range (PreK-2nd grade or 3rd-6th grade). Or order the Liturgy Unit or the Church Year Unit! All materials are available for download as PDF files as soon as you pay!
In addition, 10% of our profits will be donated to Lutheran World Relief to further their “work with Lutherans and partners around the world to end poverty, injustice and human suffering” (LWR Mission Statement).
All too often it feels like we get in a rut of only going through the motions of worship, and we forget the meaning behind what we do. It was great to have a curriculum that helped our kids explore what worship is about and actually get excited about it!
Pastor Beth Schultz Byrnes, St. John-St. Paul Lutheran Parish, Berry-Marxville, WI
- Spirit and Truth (Liturgical – ELCA) Scope and Sequence
- Spirit and Truth (Non-Liturgical) Scope and Sequence
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Free Samples
- E-Newsletter Signup
When you order Spirit and Truth curriculum materials, you also get…
- Music Time Recommendations – Help kids feel at home with the musical traditions of your congregation with these recommendations!
- Songs of the Month – Teach students important songs of faith!
- WorshipNotes Forms – Inspired by sermon notes, these forms encourage kids to engage in the worship service with these easy-to-use forms!
- Student Worship Leadership – Curriculum activities prepare students to write Prayers and even give a children’s sermon!
Note: If you would like more information about evaluation copies of this curriculum, please contact the publisher!